Sunday, May 19, 2013

Packing for Italy 101

Packing for Italy was rough. I had to fit clothes, toiletries, books and magazines, my laptop and "American" items for my family friends and meet the suitcase weight limit. To make this chore a little easier, I compiled some lessons and tips I learned during my study abroad experience. 


  • You do not need as much clothing as you think. I wish I packed less because after making purchases abroad, it was a struggle to fit everything in when returning to the U.S. My recommendation is to pack for three weeks and do laundry. 
  • Duct tape your shampoo, conditioner, toothpaste and body wash so it doesn't open and explode during your flights/train rides & put them in plastic bags. 
  • Bring a smaller suitcase with clothing and necessities in it as a carry-on, just in case something goes wrong with luggage. 
  • Ladies, heels are not cobblestone street friendly. Wedges & flats work. 
  • Ladies & gentlemen: be sure to have one long pair of pants and a sweater or long sleeve shirt for visiting churches. 
  • Don't forget a converter for chargers, blow dryers or hot styling tools. 


Photo credit: social.eli.ubc.ca


Hope these tips help! If you have any other tips, I would love to hear. 
Buon viaggio!



No comments:

Post a Comment