Friday, May 10, 2013

Local La Bella Vita: LavAzza

I was not a coffee drinker until I studied in Rome. In pre-trip meetings, my professor told us that we would grow to love Italian coffee, that espresso in the U.S. would never be the same after out time there. He was right! Although I love a grande skinny iced mocha in the morning, Italian espresso is heavenly. 

Unfortunately, there are not many cafes in Chicago that have as good of espresso as the random cash only bars on Via dei due Macelli or Via Candia. When I am craving true Italian coffee, however, I always head to one LavAzza shops in the Loop on Jackson or Lake!

Although I never visited a LavAzza in Rome, every time I enter one in Chicago, I feel as though I am transported back Italy. The atmosphere is European cool with modern red and white or blue and white furniture. In addition to a variety of espresso and coffee drinks, there are panini and gelati available for purchase.

LavAzza is heavenly and always takes me back to my time abroad. 
It is truly a piece of local la bella vita!

LavAzza



LavAZza :)
worldoffitnessonline.com

No comments:

Post a Comment