Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Italy in the news

As I was perusing the social media and tech news website, Mashable, this afternoon, I came across the headline "Massive 'Gangnam Style Flash Mob Rides Through Italy [VIDEO]." I immediately clicked the link.  Two of my favorite things - marketing and Italy - in one article! It made my day.

According to the Mashable article by Lorenzo Franceschi-Biccherai, about 9,000 people gathered in Piazza Verdi in Palermo, Sicily last month to dance to South Korean artist Psy's hit song, "Gangnam Style."

As a PR major, I try to stay tuned into the happenings in the public relations, advertising, and media industries, so seeing something related to Italy in the headlines was fantastic!

View the video below:


And you can read the Mashable article here:

http://mashable.com/2012/10/10/gangnam-style-flash-mob/

Maybe an Italian pop star will record a viral hit someday!

No comments:

Post a Comment