Saturday, September 29, 2012

A Look at Summer's Italian Findings

Now that I am halfway through Fall Quarter of my senior year, I finally found time to sit down and write.  Summer was crazy - my dream internship was a fantastic experience, and it definitely prepared me for the professional world.  Fall at DePaul has been hectic as well. As a Panhellenic officer, sorority recruitment was busy but so exciting - a record number of women joined our chapters this year! In the midst of it all, I still found time to reminisce about Italy and keep a little bit of it alive in Chicago.

AC Roma Football (Soccer) at Wrigley Field



My family and I attended AC Roma's soccer game at Wrigley Field in July. It was so great to see Italy fans out and about on the North Side, and Roma won!

Festa Italiana on Taylor Street



Complete with a model Trevi Fountain, Festa Italiana is an Italy-lover's dream come true.  Taylor Street vendors set up booths with food, drinks, and dessert, and fest attendees stayed entertained with old fashioned Italian music, a Bocce tournament, and a meatball eating contest.  Magnifico! 

I cannot wait to feature more fabulous Italian findings on La Bella Vita!


No comments:

Post a Comment