Saturday, March 3, 2012

More Musings on Southern Italy

As stated in my previous post, my weekend in Southern Italy helped me adjust to living in a new culture.  It was also so surreal.  I dreamt about Italy for years before actually having the opportunity to experience it; I had to keep telling myself I was there! 

I enjoyed spending time with and getting to know my Italian friends better and getting a taste of what life is like in their part of the world.  My friend Antonio showed me around a few of the neighboring towns, which was really fun! I enjoyed seeing a part of Italy that is not normally on the agenda for an American tourist.  

I really wish I took pictures of the towns surrounding Bari.  One in particular that I enjoyed was Pogliano a Mare - I have a mini snow globe as a reminder of the gorgeous town on the Adriatic sea! 


The beach I visited in Pogliano a Mare! 
Photo credit: santostefano.info

I hope I have the opportunity to return and visit again! 

No comments:

Post a Comment